Ugliest Room Contest
Congratulations to Emily Hemauer from Fridley, winner of our 2017 Ugliest Room Contest with Entry #4!
Do you have an ugly room in your home that is an eyesore? It could be worth $1,000! [Poster PDF]
Here’s how it works:
- Submit a photo of your ugly room to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a 30 word description of why you should win. Please include your name, address, and phone number.
- Photos* and descriptions (but not names and addresses) will be displayed at the 2018 North Metro Home & Garden Show where attendees will vote on who should win. (Voting hours are from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.)
- $1,000 in VISA gift cards donated by City sponsors will be awarded to the photo submission with the most votes. The winner will be announced on January 27, 2018, at 2:30 pm, and the winner must be present to win.
- Deadline for submissions is January 15, 2018.
Who Can Enter:
- All individuals who are at least 18 years of age, and who own and live in a home in one of our sponsoring communities: Blaine, Columbia Heights, Fridley, or Mounds View. (Rental properties are not eligible.)
- Limited to one entry per household.
- Photo and description of room must be current, and entrant must authorize verification of this by representatives of the sponsoring cities if requested.
- Entrants that meet our requirements will be notified by confirmation email that they have been accepted.
- All eligible entries will be displayed at the North Metro Home & Garden Show on Saturday, January 27, 2018.
- Attendees to the Show will vote on the displayed entries, one vote per person, between the hours of 9 am and 2 pm. In the event of a tie the winner will be determined by the Planning Committee.
Terms of Participation:
- By participating in this contest, each entrant fully agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules. Decisions of the North Metro Home & Garden Show Planning Committee (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winner, and the awarding of the prize) are final and binding in all respects.
- North Metro Home & Garden Show is not responsible for late or incomplete entries, including entries not received because of electronic transmission error.
Limitation of Liability:
- Eligible participants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the North Metro Home & Garden Show from any injuries, losses, damages, claims and actions of any prize that may be awarded.
- By participating, eligible participants agree to be bound the laws of the state of Minnesota and any local ordinances, and accept decisions of North Metro Home & Garden Show as final in all matters relating to this contest.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for North Metro Home & Garden Show to use the winner’s name and submitted photograph for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation to the winner.
- North Metro Home & Garden Show Planning Committee members, and all sponsoring city staff and their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter.
* Entrants must have the rights to use any photos they submit. Photos must not:
- Include people in them
- Contain any material with the name, likeness, image, or other identifying elements of any person
- Contain any material that would be deemed obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, offensive, illegal, hateful, or that promotes violence
- Contain any material that would be considered defamatory, misrepresentative, slanderous, libelous or disparaging
- Contain any material that is in violation of any law.
North Metro Home & Garden Show reserves the right to disqualify any individuals whose photos do not meet the above standards.